Saturday, April 24, 2010

South to Victoria - farming country




This photo was not taken in Saskatchewan. It was taken when Sandy and I were on our way to Apollo Bay, near Melbourne and Bells Beach. 

For those of you who don't know ABB, an Australian grain company has merged with Viterra and the company is now Viterra. You may ask why. Have a look.








This grain terminal is at the Harbour at Geelong, which is about 700 kms. south of Adelaide in the state of Victoria. 



The Toyota Camry in the photo is the care we are using while we are here. 
We also passed Wolseley while we are driving south. 

Every once in awhile the trees reminded us we were in Australia - especially the palms. The green in the fields is also a slightly different colour - I think it is slightly darker. Its weird - too me it looks like someone has used the wrong paint, because everything else really looks the same. Just the colour throws me off. 

The soil is also redder but to me that wasn't as noticeable as the different  green. Maybe I am used to the red now.





No comments:

Post a Comment