Thursday, April 22, 2010

Its Autumn


Charlotte appears to have left us.  I think she likely left her hundreds or thousands of babies for next spring and went on her way.

After all, its Autumn here - not fall. No one knows what fall is so we call it autumn.

Its dark by 6:30 in the evening now and the days will continue to get shorter until we leave in June. We will be leaving a few day before the shortest day of the year and arriving home on about the longest.  This sort of thing fascinates me. I will also be looking forward to longer days!!!


We went to the Botanic Gardens at Mount Lofty to enjoy the reds and yellows of autumn.





























Adelaide Centre Market

There is a central market here where farmers come to sell local produce. There are also fish mongers, butchers - both domestic meat and wild meat such as kangaroo, crocodile, wild birds, rabbits, etc. There are also shops attached to the market such as Coles, which is the grocery store, health food stores, pharmacies (usually called chemists) and small specialty stores. It is usually packed with people mainly buying fresh food. 

These pictures are compliments of Sandy. Note that I am in these photos. I really am in Adelaide - not just sending you someone else's stories.  



Adelaide United
We took in a soccer game when Sandy was here.  I realized I was going local when Sandy and I were downtown and saw a flag in Victoria Square. She asked me what the flag was and I responded with: "Maybe it is the Japanese Flag. We are playing them in the soccer game tonight."

 We learned shortly after arriving at the game that Japanese colours are purple and white.
Sue was hedging her bets. She wore her purple fleece so we put the Adelaide United scarf on her. The people sitting beside us were really wondering when they came in but soon learned that we knew nothing about the Asian soccer league.

It was a gorgeous evening with no wind, stars in the sky and perfect temperatures. 

















The Mascots are Big Red and Ruby Roo.
 

I even got an autographed posted that will be hung up when I get home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment